Arkansas Chamber Singers welcomes nominations and applications for the position of Artistic Director, beginning in the 2022 - 2023 season.
ARKANSAS CHAMBER SINGERS
Founded in 1979; is an auditioned SATB chorus, and a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization – comprised of approximately 50+ singers. We are an organization dedicated to the advancement of choral music, the encouragement of participation in group singing, the presentation of choral programs, and the encouragement of cultural music in the community.
THE ARTISTIC DIRECTOR POSITION
We seek an Artistic Director to implement the artistic and strategic vision of the Chorus, and who can work closely with an active Board of Directors.
- Outstanding musicianship
- Excellent rehearsal and pedagogical skills
- Effective conducting skills for a variety of ensemble types
- Strong sense of collaboration
- Experience leading a medium-to-large ensemble (>50 members)
- Substantial knowledge of choral repertoire
- An agreeable and professional disposition
- Project management skills to plan, prepare, and execute performances
- Advanced degree (MA, MM, DMA, PhD) in a related field
- Competent keyboard skills, including modest accompaniment patterns
- A nuanced approach to programming both classics and lesser-known works
- An active commitment to incorporate more diverse perspectives
- A passion for fostering musicianship in the Chorus
- A lucid vision for the expansion and enrichment of the Chorus
- Select venues and the repertoire to engage the concert audience
- Plan and conduct weekly rehearsals plus any additional rehearsals as needed for final concert preparations
- Conduct a minimum of three major concerts per year (Fall, Spring, Holiday)
- Collaborate with the Accompanist
- Identify opportunities for the Chorus to collaborate with other musicians, groups, and at different venues
- Work with Executive Director to ensure that current season music is selected and purchased in a timely fashion
- Serve as ex-officio, non-voting member of the ACS board of directors and meet with them on a regular basis
- Assist Board in planning annual budget
- Present reports at the board meetings regarding the status of the artistic programs and projects
- Participate in fundraising activities
- Serve as a key official spokesperson for the organization
- Participate in community activities that further the name recognition of the chorus
- Collaborate with management in developing marketing campaigns and publicity for the chorus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a paid part-time position commensurate with qualifications.
Compensation will be based on a contract with the Board of Directors and paid once a month for the entire 12-month fiscal year of 1 July through 30 June.
EMAIL the following to the Search Committee
- Cover letter describing who you are, why you are applying and current resume/CV (PDF preferred)
- Phone and email information for 3-4 professional references, at least one familiar with your choral conducting
- Samples of 2-3 past programs that exemplify your work
- Links to video(s) that demonstrate your conducting in rehearsal (preferred) or performance.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with applications submitted by August 1, 2022 given priority.